Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
After reading the four stages of the arrest scenario in Box 9.5 (page 183 of the textbook), do you feel there was any other option other than taking Mr. Janns into custody? What would you recommend to other officers in this type of situation as far as their discretionary decision-making is concerned? 250 words minimum with 2 references
BOX 9.5 Making a decision do not answer the questions below
You are dispatched to 3321 N. Maryvale Road to the Janns residence. The dispatcher says that a family fight is reported to be in progress. Upon arrival, you hear yelling and screaming coming from inside the residence. You are joined by Deputy Slick. The two of you go to the front door and request permission to come inside. Mrs. Debra Janns invites you inside the residence. As you step inside, Mr. Paul Janns, age 30 years, yells at his wife and you. He says to you and Deputy Slick: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Get the hell out of my house! I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t call you, and you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t belong here.Ã¢â‚¬Â Answer the following questions:
1. What is your primary goal at this point?
2. What are your options for accomplishing this goal?
3. Looking at each option, were you to act on it, what would be the probable outcome (both short term and long term)?
4. Which option will you choose, and how will you act on it?
Because at least one of your immediate goals would be to defuse the volatile situation, you might do the following: In a calm, even voice you ask Mr. Janns to calm down and either to step outside or go into another room with you to talk about the situation. Mrs. Janns, at this point, yells at her husband, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Get out of here! I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t ever want to see you again.Ã¢â‚¬Â Mr. Janns says he isnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t leaving. He turns to you and Deputy Slick and says that he and his wife can solve this problem without your help. What should you do?
1. Leave? Why or why not?
2. Arrest him? Why or why not?
3. Arrest them both? Why or why not?
4. Try another calming approach? Why or why not?
5. Do you have as many options as you did at Stage One?
You place a hand on Mr. JannsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s arm. He pulls away from you. Deputy Slick quickly steps in. He orders Mr. Janns to step outside. Mr. Janns says, Ã¢â‚¬Å“I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t want to go. I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have any place to go.Ã¢â‚¬Â Mrs. Janns says that she would like to file a complaint against her husband for assault. At this statement, Mr. Janns begins yelling again. He lunges at his wife.
1. What is your goal at this point?
2. Is the goal different from the one you expressed at Stage One?
3. What are your options for achieving it?
4. Are your options more limited at this point than in Stages One and Two? Why or why not?
Hopefully, you will have avoided this very common outcome to this scenario: You and Deputy Slick move quickly to restrain Mr. Janns physically, because that seems to be your only remaining option. You arrest him, read him his rights, and take him into custody.
1. Did you have other options at this point?
2. What would you recommend to officers as guidelines for discretion in such situations?
3. How do the guidelines you suggest protect both you and the family and encourage solution at Stage One or Stage Two?
4. Compare your suggested guidelines with those established for a law enforcement agency in your community.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more