Thank you very much. This is great now. Appreciate all your help and revisions. Thank you once again! You did a wonderful job.
An important part of HRM is understanding the Federal laws and Executive Orders that have brought equality, safety, and health to the workplace.
Our first assignment is to research Two (2) Federal laws that speak to those issues. Select the Federal laws from the list itemized below. The assignment is due in Unit Two. The information below is a Ã¢â‚¬Ëœheads up to give you sufficient time to research this assignment.
The assignment consists of a cover sheet, introduction, a written explanation of the points of each law, conclusion, and a list of references in APA format. Follow the directions below very carefully.
For each law, you need to include information on the following questions:
1. History/Background.: Why was the Law passed? What was going on in the workplace that required the law to be enacted to protect employees?
2. Components of the law: Research the law and summarize in your own words the major elements of the law. Do not cut and paste.
3. Your observations on the law. Do you feel laws are effective in providing protection against violations of Civil Rights or do you think they are merely addressing infractions that are found (or uncovered)? Are such laws forward-looking or are they really only there to “clean up” issues when wrongs have been done?
4. Do you feel it is working or not working and why?
5. Lawsuit: In your research (and assignment) find a lawsuit that concerned the law you are reviewing. Include the date of the lawsuit, the plaintiffs, defendants, reason the plaintiff/s went to court, and the outcome of the case. It is important that in reading this summary a person understands why the lawsuit was initiated and who won the case.
Please make sure the explanation is concise and to the point. But remember that substantiating data is needed, especially in regards to the background, contents of the law, and the court cases.
The EEOC is responsible for enforcing federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination and keeps an extensive archive of court cases affecting all aspects of violations from age discrimination, pregnancy, lack of handicap accessibility, sexual harassment, discrimination based on gender, race, religion, etc.
Find laws that you feel are of interest to you. Court cases on these issues are going on daily.
The EEOC can be your primary research tool along with the Library, business journals, magazines, and accredited newspapers.
Please use Microsoft Word. Your assignment will be evaluated based on your level of insight, your demonstrated understanding of course concepts, and the quality of your summaries. APA format REQUIRED. Any information paraphrased needs an in-text citation with a reference for the source.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more