Thank you very much. This is great now. Appreciate all your help and revisions. Thank you once again! You did a wonderful job.
World Literature I
Section I—General Information
Directions: Select TWO questions from this section (10 points each).
1. Explain Christianity’s impact on the Hebrew, Greek and Latin worlds. How did they all “intersect” in Christianity? Explain.
2. Briefly discuss/outline the history of the Roman Empire. Be sure to include the dividing of the Empire and its fall.
3. Discuss briefly the rise of/history of Islam.
4. What is an epic poem? What are three characteristics that make up an epic poem? Justify calling The Divine Comedy an epic poem.
5. What is the significance of the pilgrimage in The Canterbury Tales? Explain its historical context.
6. Why did Chaucer use the pilgrimage motif to create his tales? How effective is it? Explain.
Section II—Literary Selections
Directions: Select TWO questions from EACH of the FOUR literary selections (10 points each).
8. Explain the importance and the significance of Confessions. Be sure to include both its literary importance and its religious importance.
9. How does Augustine feel about love or ambition? Give specific examples to support your answer.
10. Relate briefly the events of Augustine’s conversion.
11. Characterize Islamic literature. Be sure to include three specific examples to support your answer.
12. Discuss the importance of The Qur’an to the Muslims. Be sure to include both its religious as well as its literary importance.
13. Characterize the God depicted in The Qur’an. Explain your answer briefly and support it with specific examples.
14. How does The Qur’an deal with the concept of women or inheritance or marriage? Explain briefly and use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
The Divine Comedy:
15. What do the three beasts that Dante meets symbolize? Explain each briefly.
16. How does Dante combine pagan and Christian ideologies together in his poem? Explain. Give specific examples to support your answer.
17. What is the first sight that Dante sees when he enters Hell? Describe the scene briefly and support your answers with specifics.
18. Discuss what is posted on the sign to Hell. What significance does this sign have to the whole of the poem? Explain briefly.
The Canterbury Tales:
19. What was Chaucer’s original plan for The Canterbury Tales and how successful was he at accomplishing his goal? Explain.
20. Discuss the setting of the poem. Be sure to include all the important details.
21. Summarize “The Pardoner’s Tale”. What is ironic about the “tale” in relationship to his character? Explain.
22. Characterize one: The knight, The Prioress. The Monk, The Friar, The Physician, The Woman (Wife) of Bath or The parson.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more