Thank you very much. This is great now. Appreciate all your help and revisions. Thank you once again! You did a wonderful job.
1. Martin would say that in a society with ample protection for whistle blowers that _________.
a. Engineers have the same prima facie obligation to blow the whistle as they would in a society where whistleblowers are not as strongly protected (because the obligation is independent of factors such as legal protection for whistleblowers).
b. Engineers have a much weaker prima facie obligation to blow the whistle than they would in a society where whistleblowers are not as strongly protected.
c. Engineers have no obligation to blow the whistle because the prima facie obligation is contextually dependent (and factors such as legal protections are contextually relevant).
d. Engineers have a stronger prima facie obligation to blow the whistle than they would in a society where whistleblowers are not as strongly protected.
2. Martin argues that the fact that whistleblowing may involve great personal sacrifice on the part of an engineer means that engineers do not have a responsibility to blow the whistle (instead the responsibility rests with managers because it is part of their professional role to manage moral conflicts.)
3. Martin Argues that Whistle blowing is a prima facie responsibility for engineers because they are people with moral rights.
4. Helen is a engineer at a large chemical plant. She has some reason to believe that the plant manager is knowingly violating local environmental laws by encouraging unsafe dumping practices. Some relevant facts about Helen’s situation are as follows:
I) She does have reasonable documentation of the plant managers behaviorII) She has not yet gone through any of the normal organizational channels in order to resolve the conflictIII) She has a reason to think that the unsafe dumping practice pose a serious threat to public health and safety
According to Martin’s view, does Helen have a prima facie responsibility to blow the whistle?
a. Yes, she does have an prima facie obligation to blow the whistle, but not a strong one (because she cannot be 100% sure that the dumping practices constitute a serious moral issue.)
b. No, she does not have a prima facie obligation to blow the whistle because whistle blowing is always supererogatory.
c. Yes, in light of the fact that the dumping practices pose a serious (and credible) threat, she does have a prima facie obligation to blow the whistle.
d. No, she does not have a prima facie obligation to blow the whistle because her situation as described does not meet the minimal standards for the obligation to hold.
5. Which of the following situations exemplifies what Martin meant by saying that an engineer’s obligation to blow the whistle is sensitive to context?
a. That morality itself is subjective because there is no objective answer to the question of when we ought to blow the whistle.
b. That moral decisions regarding whistle blowing are completely determined by what professional organizations say about it.
c. That what counts as a prima facie duty is merely a matter of personal opinion.
d. That what counts as a “reasonable” amount of evidence can vary from situation to situation.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more