Thank you very much. This is great now. Appreciate all your help and revisions. Thank you once again! You did a wonderful job.
Q1. Elizabeth Bishop worked as a painter as well as a poet, and her verse, like visual art, is known for its ability to capture significant scenes. Explain how “Filling Station” relies heavily on visual images. Also, a filling station is a very humble and unglamorous subject for a poem. Comment on the poet’s choice of subject. What other artist could you compare to Bishop with regard to choosing mundane subjects?
(Filling Station by Elizabeth Bishop)
Oh, but it is dirty!
—this little filling station,
to a disturbing, over-all
Be careful with that match!
Father wears a dirty,
oil-soaked monkey suit
that cuts him under the arms,
and several quick and saucy
and greasy sons assist him
(it’s a family filling station),
all quite thoroughly dirty.
Do they live in the station?
It has a cement porch
behind the pumps, and on it
a set of crushed and grease-
on the wicker sofa
a dirty dog, quite comfy.
Some comic books provide
the only note of color—
of certain color. They lie
upon a big dim doily
draping a taboret
(part of the set), beside
a big hirsute begonia.
Why the extraneous plant?
Why the taboret?
Why, oh why, the doily?
(Embroidered in daisy stitch
with marguerites, I think,
and heavy with gray crochet.)
Somebody embroidered the doily.
Somebody waters the plant,
or oils it, maybe. Somebody
arranges the rows of cans
so that they softly say:
to high-strung automobiles.
Somebody loves us all.
Q2. William Wordsworth’s poem “I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud” celebrates nature, but in a way very different from “There Will Come Soft Rains.” Compare and contrast these poems.
(I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud by William Wordsworth)
I WANDERED lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed–and gazed–but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
(There Will Come Soft Rains by Sara Teasdale)
There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,
And swallows circling with their shimmering sound;
And frogs in the pools singing at night,
And wild plum trees in tremulous white;
Robins will wear their feathery fire,
Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;
And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.
Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree,
If mankind perished utterly;
And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn
Would scarcely know that we were gone.
· Increased student participation by 15 percent while effectively managing student recruitment,
enrollment, scheduling and registration procedures to meet program attendance goals
· Carried out HR procedures and practices for staff recruitment, screening, hiring, and termination
· Reduced employee turnover to less than 2 percent in the first year
· Executed and maintained program management processes and disciplines in the areas of: program schedule and quality management; human resource management; cost management; procurement management; change management
· Coordinated with all site-based student support services, including Student Assistance Programs, Student Success Teams, Health Advocates, Healthy School Teams, Peer Resources, Wellness Centers, and Health Promotion Committee.
· Identified, trained, and supervised teachers, paraprofessionals, volunteers, parent liaisons, and community partners to implement academic, recreation, and enrichment activities.
· Doctorate in Educational Leadership (Ed.D)
· Masters of Business Administration- Executive MBA Program (EMBA)
· Bachelors of Science- Organizational Behavior and Leadership (OBL)
· Logistics: managing multiple tasks and working to concurrent deadlines
· Financial: developing, administering, monitoring, reconciling and acquitting budgets and organizing activities within budget
· Organization: planning tasks and managing time effectively in a fast-paced/ changing environment
· Administration: closely scrutinizing work, with attention to detail/accuracy, document management
· Initiative: following procedural guidelines while demonstrably innovative
· Independence: working equally well independently, as directed, and as part of a team
· Communication: bilingual in English and Spanish
· Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), QuickBooks; Windows and Mac OS; Type 75 WPM with complete accuracy.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more