Thank you very much. This is great now. Appreciate all your help and revisions. Thank you once again! You did a wonderful job.
Read the 4 excerpts from the Kojiki provided, then participate in our discussion of the texts.
You have been randomly assigned to small discussion groups, and should plan on posting your initial response to our discussion outlined below by Tuesday before midnight. Plan to return to the discussion later and respond at least 2 more times (more is better) to your peers at any point before midnight on Thursday.
Please follow these guidelines when participating in the online discussions:
Remember that it is easy to misinterpret written communication. Sometimes written comments may inadvertently seem impolite or could otherwise be taken the wrong way – strive to really explain yourself and avoid making assumptions about other people’s intentions.
See Course Syllabus for Online Discussion Rubric.
(ADDRESS ALL QUESTIONS, even if you find yourself writing more about some than others)
1) What are the characteristics of the creation myths, fertility, and the early gods?
Feel free to compare other myth histories you might be familiar with, but also cite specific details from our Kojiki texts, and cite page numbers, when you make those comparisons.
2) What are the fetish objects we read about in the Philippe translation? What does the geneology detail do for the audience? What does it seek to indicate?
3) What is heroic in the Yamato Hero episode? What should a hero do, or not do?
4) What meaning do you understand through the actions of the 2 brothers in “Luck of the Sea and Luck of the Mountain”? What are recurrent elements, already, for Kojiki? Is this episode entertaining? Didactic? What role does it serve?
5) Question of translation – what are the pros and cons to the translation choices made by Ury & Borgen, Philippe, and Chamberlain/Keene? Do you have a favorite? Why?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more